I’ve updated the FAQ for those of you wondering what happened to orenronen and the LP.
The 3rd person action DanganRonpa spinoff, Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo will hit the Vita in Japan on September 25th of this year. Additionally, we now know that the game will be fully voiced, and apparently has the most voice work in the entire series.
I don’t really care if the game ends up janky as hell provided the characters and narrative are great. I have all the faith in the world on this one.
- The article is mostly interview questions with creators,
with some ‘girl on girl action oh my pure white stuffing’ ship teasing from Monokuma, and mostly talking about gameplay and how they tried to please many types of players. It’s not just a game for people who are good at FPS type games, and there are modes for people who aren’t good at them. It’s not an “adventure game”, it’s a “high speed reasoning action” game.
- Anyway, there are a different kind of truth bullets in this game, 8 kinds that have different effects on either Monokuma or the surrounding environment (“dance”, “destroy” etc) that can be shot through the megaphone-shaped Hacking Gun that Komaru uses.
- Anyway, a few more details about the setting: The town this takes place in is called “Towa City” which was built and controlled by the “Towa Group” (a leading techology enterprise who is owned by the Towa Conglomerate) as a huge floating city formed on reclaimed land, first to build the Group’s headquarters but along with this came row after row of research buildings and factories and commercial buildings, etc. The Towa Conglomerate took advantage of opportunities produced by the Incident: since horrible pollution from the Incident was a worldwide issue, they developed air fresheners to combat this, and were huge contributors to rebuilding the world after the Incident, though they stand a shadow of their former self from the destruction caused by the Monokuma Kids.
- Speaking of the Monokuma Kids, as stated before, they are your enemies in this game?! Headed up by a group of 5 who call themselves “Soldiers of Hope” they are on a mission to KILL ALL
TITANSADULTS! They want to create for themselves a “peaceful, kids-only paradise” and are slaughtering all the adults in Towa (and maybe even beyond….?), operating the Monokuma robots. They have dubbed the adults “demons.”
They do not regard what they’re doing as a murder at all, instead seeing the slaughter as a game, and even seem to be enjoying their murder spree.The “Monokuma Kids”, wearing “Monokuma heads”, go around innocently attacking adults all throughout the town.
- The self titled “Soldiers of Hope” as mentioned elswhere(from left to right: Kotoko, Jataro, Monaka, Nagisa, Masaru.)
Regarding this whole slaughter as a big RPG they’ve even given themselves RPG style classes that they’re entrusted with. Lead by Masaru, they’re all former classmates at the elementary school belonging to Hope’s Peak who now run the City.
Notice they all have the same mark decoration somewhere on their chest: